Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Personal Mission Statement

We were given and assignment to write our personal mission statement. I have done this before, but it has been a very long time since I have updated it, so it was a very healing thing for me to look at and decide which things needed to be the same and which had matured.

Below is the final version that I turned in ... which will continue to change and mature as I do ... the core of it never has changed, but the semantics and the application does at times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is my desire that I express the abundance of forgiving and unconditional love that God has shown me and filled me with, through my music and other arts, through my nurturing efforts, and through the sharing of my life experiences (good and bad). I desire that through these actions of openly giving of myself, people will feel genuinely loved and cared for, and come away from their time with me, no matter it’s duration, a better person for having known me.

True character is not build out of ease, and I believe that the hard times I have experienced, whether of my own creation or another’s, have tempered and refined me. All of the positive elements in my life continue to cut and chisel the surfaces that expose the many faucets that make me a rare and precious jewel in my Master’s Crown.

2 comments:

  1. I found it :) In my looking, it allowed me to read many more of your blogs. Also giving me the ability to see & in many cases understand just a tiny little bit better who you are, how you've arrived @ this place within yourself & even to some extent what makes your heart tick @ the right speed....(not to fast;) just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JQ, I hope that you never tire of discovering me!

    ReplyDelete