Monday, April 1, 2013

Beautiful Delicious Food (Chicken Tortillini Soup)

Food is fuel.

This is a difficult concept for this food addict to truly LIVE by! Over the last 15 years I have worked so hard to really get that and really live that. and while I'm still addicted to food (not just cause it's a necessary), I still think about food all of the time. I still plan my next meals before I have even finished the one in front of me. The difference now is that I crave healthy food options.

I do not eat any of the popular extreme diets such a paleo, or vegan, or raw, and I applaud those that have the discipline to live that life style.

I love eating colorful, simple, nutritious and delicious food! I always feel like I am Living Well when my meals are healthful and cost effective! I feel so good doing things that take care of my husband, and allow him to get out in the last bits of the evening sunshine and putter at his projects!

This soup is inexpensive, filling and healthy, quick to make up! Use what ever kind of other veggies that appeal to you! Can be served with sour cream if you like, and as usual, I do not add salt!


Gather together:
2 quarts chicken broth
2 raw boneless chicken breasts chopped into bite sized pieces
6 carrots
1/4 onion
2 mushrooms
4 stalks asparagus
1 cup chopped cabbage
3 mini bell peppers
1-1/2 cups fresh tortellinis

Chop the veggies in big bite size pieces.
Get the broth simmering and drop in the chicken chunks.
Simmer about 3 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked.
Turn off the heat.
Drop in all of the veggies and the tortellinis, and stir gently.
The residual heat will cook the veggies just enough to make them bright and hot, but not mushy!

ENJOY!
Healthy foods provide us the energy that we need to
Live Well!

Love
SuziQue



Follow Rural Girl SuziQue as she shares crochet designs and tutorials, healthy food, exercise, fun adventures, wise budgeting experience, living with congenital hip dysplasia, and so much more that will challenge, inspire and encourage you to truly live your life as fully and wonderfully as possible!

Perfectly Knotty is a whimsical, cozy and nurturing little shop in Granite Falls, WA.
Stop into the shop and check out in all the fun! There is always something new, something fun and something for everyone! Be inspired by beautifully colored yarns, patterns, crochet hooks, knitting needles; Heart-warming local art; antique furniture; re-purposed furniture; antique tools; books; beautiful note cards; hats, scarves, collectable Blue Willow china and more!

Don't miss out on anything! Subscribe to us on any or all of these venues:
(they are not all always the same! So why not check them all out!??)
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PerfectlyKnotty
Our blog: http://livingwellwithsuziq.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @livingwell112
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/hismrsque/feed

No comments:

Post a Comment