Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Living Well by Eating Beautiful Food: A simple and Delicious Breakfast

This morning, I made a delicious smoothie!
1/4 cup oldfashioned oats
1/4 cup protien powder
1-1/2 cups copped fruit (half and apple, half a banana, half a fresh mango, and the balance was frozen peach slices)
about a cup, maybe a little more, of coconut milk
blend smooth ... enjoy!
 
I make these a lot, they are fast easy and delicious! And satisfying!
 
for the 1-1/2 cups of produce, I use a variety of things based on what I have and what sounds good!
Any kind of frozen fruit! Blueberries are a favorite! But whatever is on sale is usually what I get.
Fresh fruit: grapes, banana, apple, grapefruit, oranges (I'm allergic to pinapple, so I can't do that! But I would if I could!) Use your imagination! Choose what looks beautiful at the grocery store!
Sometimes I add spinach, or kale, or carrots, or celery
 
Really, as long as you like it, you can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment