Thursday, June 17, 2010

Change is Good

Time for a little face lift!  I decided to change the look of my blog.  I really wanted to put one of my own photos up for the back ground but have not figured out how to to that here.

Change is good, as long as it brings forward movement and growth!  Sometimes just a little change, of our choice, can help open our hearts and willingness for other, more challenging growth opportunities!

Sometimes change is forced, but can still be accepted with an open heart!  For example, last summer when I was let go from my job!  That certainly was not a change that I was openly seeking, but I was ready to embrace it ... well I was ready after I cried for the rest of the day from a combination of relief, frustration, and fear of the unknown!! But the next morning, I was excited to start figuring out what was next on the agenda of my life.  Some how I just knew that it was going to be a return to health-care!  I had always promised myself that if I ever left aerospace, it would be to return to health-care!  (Just to clarify, I did not start crying when they let me go ... in fact, I just asked for a box to put my personal belongings in, quietly packed, and left without saying a word to anyone, not even one of my longest and dearest friends who was working in the next building.)

Even though I had a general idea of what I wanted to do, I did not know what that was specifically going to look like, or how I was going to make it happen.  But I just could not help but have faith, and trust in the God that Saved me!  And as I went about my searching, it was wonderful how the pieces fell into place.  I looked at the various nursing programs at a couple of the local community colleges, but a minimum 2 years was too long for me to be out of work!  Then out of the blue, I got a call from a friend of mine that she had found a local technical college that offered an eight month, super intense, medical assisting program! I immediately knew that was the right thing for me, and I went in the next day and registered and started at the next class opening.

Never give up on your dreams ... granted sometimes we have to set them aside for a time, perhaps to raise children, or deal with health or financial situations; but here I am, 42 years old, and just beginning my childhood dream of being a nurse!  I am starting as a medical assistant, and will go back to school and start taking classes toward my LPN, then onto my RN, and maybe even ARNP!!  The possibilities are endless!

Openness to change is the key in this case, to living well!!
Love Suzi~Q

No comments:

Post a Comment