Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Too Busy to Think

My daughter's wedding was Saturday. It was a sweet and pretty little wedding surrounded by friends and family. The grooms family is very nice and a lot of fun! I met them for the first time Friday night. Many family and friends that I have not seen in a long time! It is difficult to reconnect with everyone during those events!

I have to admit that I did not get to take it all in as well as I would have wanted as I was running around making sure the attendants were where they were supposed to be and that people had what they needed, and that questions were answered, and greeting people, and , and, and!

And it was all my own doing! I took on that role of coordinator, and photographer. It was fun and crazy and hectic. Just half hour before the ceremony, I finally got to have contact with my boyfriend. He is so calm, and rational! I love that! He just took me by the hand and said, "Breathe, in and out." And he breathed with me for a few minutes. I felt so much more focused after that! It still took a while for the adrenaline to settle out, and for me to really get calm, but his presence was pivotal!

Looking back, I don't imagine that I would have done it differently, unless the bride has assigned someone to be in charge, or requested that I just go sit and relax! That is just how I am. Even now, 3 days later, I am only just starting feel like calming down.

I think it is important for us to have people in our lives that can help see when we are getting off kilter, and get us focused again. I cannot say enough about BF for being such a gentle and calm port in my storm! Since having him in my life, I have really learned to see how wound up I used to be. I don't like how my body feels when it is so hyper! My heart races, and my blood pounds, I bet my blood pressure was through the roof! I cannot think and focus clearly. I do not see what is going on around me.

When I am getting myself wound up, and overactive, it is usually for legitimate reasons, but I do need to take care to take care of my body! Sometimes those events are not avoidable, and sometimes they are. I need to continually learn how to recognize the projects that I should stress over, and why.

So, this week, I am feeling the need to detoxify my body! All of that stress (even good stress), and anxiety, causes toxins to build up in the system. I make a tea with several loose herbal components that are available at the local health food store, or on line through reputable suppliers. I use this quite often, and have found it makes me feel cleaner, from the inside out.

Fill a 5 quart pan with water, and add a handful (about 3/4 cup) of alfalfa, nettle, chamomile, and 1/4 cup of burdock and dandelion root. I let it simmer gently for about 15 minutes, then strain out the herbs, and store in a pitcher in the fridge. Sometimes I will put a fruity herbal tea bag in the pitcher with the tea to add a little different flavor. I try to drink all of it with in 48 hours for the most cleansing effect. At other times, I drink it once or twice a day as one would with any iced tea beverage.

I am getting ready to try detoxing with bentonite clay, but want to do some research as to the benefits for MY body. This is crucial, as some herbals may not be what I need, and some can interact with medications (which I do not take) and some can inhibit medications or other herbals. It is important to be informed.

Two of my favorite resources for education and ordering exceptional product are The Bulk Herb Store and Dandelion Botanical Company.

The moral of the story? Know your stress and the effects it has on your body, and have a good plan for dealing with it.

Live Well!
Love, Suzi

No comments:

Post a Comment