Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Keeping Sight of my Blessings

There have been a lot of time and energy consuming and stressful things going on in my life the last several weeks. Some big, like my daughters miscarriage.  Some small, like I have not had internet connection at home for a week and a half.  My washing machine is broken, and the light switch in my bathroom burned out.  I need to fill out some legal paperwork, and I have some personal and learning curve challenges at work.  I am fostering my son's cats while he is away at school, and one of them is quite a handful, and gets into lots of things!  I need to see about a second source of income.  I'm coming to the end of my youngest kids kite string.  Lots of "things" that just need my attention, and are challenging me to maintain my good attitude without letting the stress rule me.

But my attitude is my attitude.  I get to decide how it feels!  It does not belong to the stressful situations in my life.  I recently signed up and have been doing the daily challenges from MeYouHealth.com and have been really enjoying it!  I would encourage you to try it out!  They are all pretty simple things to do, and a lot of them you are likely already doing!

Yesterday's challenge was to share a nice picture.  AWESOME!!  Since I'm a photographer, I have tons of nice pictures.  The challenge would be choosing one for this assignment!  NOW, while I started to do this on time yesterday, I did not get to finish, since my internet at home has not been working properly!  So I am finishing it this evening, and today's challenge as well (which is to dance around while cleaning or organizing! Totally got that done without even trying, cause I'm always dancing and moving!)!

So, this is the nice picture I have chosen to share!  It is a rare picture of all 3 of my kids, and my son-in-law, together, with me!!  It was the day I graduated from Medical Assisting school!  To me it is a nice picture because I have all of my kids there witnessing their mom, who went back to college at the age of 40, graduate with honors (Yes, I know one of my kids is purposefully hiding his face behind my hat! He is a stubborn and challenging guy that way).  The lesson I wanted to give my kids ... See ... don't give up your dreams.  Don't stop learning.  Don't ever think you are done, or too old.  There is always more!  You can always change your direction!  It was as a proud day for me.  Not only because I celebrated my educational accomplishments, but because I showed my kids that their mom is open to adventure, and not going to be a victim of her circumstances.  Proud because all of my wonderful kids were with me!

What makes you proud of yourself?
What goal can you take steps toward accomplishing?
What are you currently working toward?

Love to get your comments and feed-back!

Live Well,
Love,
Suzi~Q

No comments:

Post a Comment