Sunday, July 22, 2018

Responding Instead of Reacting


When we make our inquiry, then sit quietly and listen for a reply we will hear it.
Now, I don't mean necessarily mean sit, but we do need to quiet our minds so that we are able to receive an answer.
That applies equally to our interactions with the people in our lives! How many times do we ask our spouse/partner something and expect an emmediate response!?
If we are certain our query was received by our loved one, what if we become ok with letting the response process for 30 seconds, a minute, 5 minutes?
Unless a response is urgent, like, someone is in danger, what's the harm in letting one another process to a healthy respectful response instead of blurting out a reaction.
I need to work on being ok with letting ME ponder more before opening my mouth. Slowing my reaction down to a response is not an instinct for me. But it does feel better when I can!



No comments:

Post a Comment