Friday, July 8, 2011

Two Coins in the Fountain

Just a little update on my financial planning...

I have made some adjustments to my budget again, as I do every 3-4 months.  I am going to try something that I have not done in a long time ... I am giving myself a cash allowance each pay day, to cover my gas and groceries, and anything that is not a bill.  No more shopping with the debit card ... cash only, and when it's gone, it's gone.  Right now, that is a very limited amount ... $50 a week.  This is going to challenge my creative side as far as cooking goes ... out comes the crock pot again.  Good thing I'm a coupon and sale shopper, and eat pretty light for the most part.  This might even encourage me to walk to work at least one day a week, or not come home for lunches (since it is only one mile, I usually don't feel guilty about that!!)

Years ago, I created a wonderful spreadsheet, with great formulas!  I enter my hourly wage, hours worked each pay period, and it calculates my approximate pay check!  Then I have a list of each of my bills, and the amount due each month, which then pops a total into the formula with the pay check info, and tells me how much allowance I get to have =)  I am hoping that I will be able to make better headway with my debt reduction in this manner!  We shall see how it goes!

I also want to explore some passive income opportunities, preferably something that includes my photography art!  I have heard of a couple of web sites where one can have photos made into calendars and such ... Yet again, another potential opportunity to explore as I work on financially ...

Living Well!
Love you as ever
Suzi~Q

No comments:

Post a Comment